ALIGNMENT & CONDITION MONITORING
Osborne Condition Monitoring services:
- Condition Monitoring AMC contracts (24x7x365)
- Quick on call service
- Start-up Acceptance testing & Trouble shooting
- Vibration Analysis & On-site dynamic balancing
- Provide on line “Data Acquisition System” for vibration
- Laser Alignment & Infrared Thermography & Oil analysis
- Supply of ADASH portable condition monitoring devices.
Condition Monitoring Services:
By implementing Machine Reliability Program, failures, breakdowns and irreversible damage can be avoided. Osborne Integrated Reliability and Machine Support packages, will allow you to be proactive and in control of your maintenance program
Techniques collectively referred to as Condition Monitoring have a common objective of indicating early signs of deterioration or malfunction in plant machinery through surveillance testing and analysis. Condition Monitoring helps reduce the possibility of catastrophic failures, increasing safety and machine performance. Through Vibration analysis machinery operation can be improved to an optimum level that can often exceed original equipment manufacturers specifications. There are many faults that cause machine failure, all are detectable and most are preventable. The most common causes of failure which can be identified are:
- Bearing failure
- Bent shaft
- All other electrical and mechanical problems
Condition monitoring is designed to reduce unscheduled down time, keep the machine ready to operate and improve production.
In the past and unfortunately to a certain extent today, any company can purchase Condition Monitoring equipment and claim they perform Condition Monitoring. This is why you have heard people say, ‘I have tried Condition monitoring and it doesn’t work’.
Experience has proved it does work, the reason people believe it.
Today there are various levels of professional certifications available for company employees in which to gain accreditation. To progress through the VA1. VA2 & VA3 certification levels you need to accumulate a required amount of experience attend accredited training courses then pass professional examinations. All Osborne vibration analysts have this experience, training and qualifications.
Osborne has the ability and equipment to tackle the most complex of vibration analysis issues. As well as being able to identify the causes of vibration through Vibration Analysis, our engineers are able to correct most faults with our Laser Alignment and In-situ Balancing services. These services are used by our customers (power generation, oil & gas, petrochemicals, cement, paper, steel etc… throughout the MENA.)
Applications for vibration analysis:
- Gear boxes
- Belt driven machines
- Reciprocating machines
- Paper mills etc
In-situ balancing, is a procedure that enables the correction of unbalance in rotating equipment, while the machine is in its working environment.
Benefits of in-situ balancing:
- Improves product quality
- Reduces downtime, labour and material costs
- Can be planned into scheduled short time outages
- Extends bearing and machine life
- Reduces the possibility of catastrophic failures
- Increases safety
- Eliminates the requirements to completely dismantle and reassemble plant equipment to enable balancing of machine components
Along with misalignment, unbalance causes more common and catastrophic failure in rotating machinery, mainly in fans, blowers.
We are very proud to count original Equipment Manufacturers OEM’s, to whom this service is essential in their after sales service, amongst our customer base. OEM’s include International Generator, Motor, Gearbox and Cooling Tower Manufacturers, End users and service providing companies.
Osborne offering wide range of laser alignment service on horizontal, vertical shafts and pulley alignment. Our Laser Alignments services range up to 400 mm diameter for Horizontal & Vertical Shafts.
- More than 50% of problems in rotating machinery are due to misalignment
Benefits of laser alignment:
- Easy to use.
- Use Reverse Indicator Method.
- Machine does the calculations.
- 0 – 10m max. Working distance.
- Selectable high resolution 0.1, 0.01, 0.001mm.
- No indicator sag.
- Soft foot measurement program.
- Horizontal shaft alignment with mim 600 rotation.
- Vertical shaft alignment program.
- Thermal or offset compensation
Infrared thermography is a proactive trouble shooting and predictive maintenance toll, Osborne Reliability Services use only qualified personnel to carry out Infrared Thermography Surveys. By using top of the range infrared thermal imaging equipment and software, we are able to identify faults in a variety of applications, the most popular being Electrical, Refractory, Mechanical and Buildings. This makes infrared thermography thermal imaging the ideal non-destructive, predictive maintenance tool for identifying a large number of faults across all electrical and mechanical objects.
- Heat base thermal image provides condition of the object which the human eye can’t see and observe it.